Sunday 12 April 2015

4 Star Review for Still Point... book 3 in the Awaken Trilogy by Katie Kacvincsky

I looked at a few reviews before reading this final book in Katie's Dystopian Trilogy and I would recommend others do the same, I didn't read any spoilers so I wasn't 100% how it was going to work out but, as I was aware that things weren't going to end in the predictable way you would like to think, I kind of prepared myself for it... and if I had gone into this last instalment blind then I don't think I would have liked the ending as much as I did... however...

There are a lot of people leaving low star ratings for this book which, kind of made me hesitate to read it as I thought I really wasn't gonna like it but, honestly, Katie Kacvinsky has a fantastic way of describing her character's feelings, thoughts and emotions... there are paragraphs throughout the whole series that are motivational, inspiring, thoughtful, reflective, and beautiful, and even though I would have loved for Maddie and Justin's HEA to be together in a perfect world, I really did like how it ended for them... I could see how Maddie matured and started to think about what was best for her and at the end of it all... it's a Dystopian Trilogy! They never end the way you think they will!...

I have conflicting feelings on the way that some of the scenarios panned out, which is why I couldn't give it the whole 5 stars, but the writing I cannot fault... I would definitely recommend this series if you liked the Hunger Games or Divergent and are a fan of Young Adult Romance genres...

Summary for the Trilogy (Includes Spoilers)
The first book Awaken focuses on getting to know the main characters and the setting for the story, and I think the reason a lot of people don't like the way it ended is because we grew to really like Justin, we got to know his history, his family, why he was fighting against Digital School.
In the second book 'Middle Ground' he was there for Maddie when she really needed him, you could see how much he cares about her and it seems like he opens up and accepts his feelings for her...
But then he does a complete turn around in the third book... you can tell he still loves her but, he doesn't really seem too concerned when she almost dies a handful of times within 24 hours, and he's not too bothered that she kissed someone else as long as it aids the cause...
I really like Jax but, it all feels a bit rushed, he just pops up from nowhere, he's not mentioned in any of the previous books and we don't get to know him on the same level as we got to know Justin... this is why I had such a hard time liking the way the story pans out and, although I do think that they had chemistry from the start, it's just not the ending a lot of us wanted...

There is a Prequel Novella to Awaken called Maddie's Tattoo... I didn't find it until after I read all of the other three books but, I would highly recommend reading it before the rest if you can... it's very short and doesn't go too in-depth but it does give you an introduction to Jax and it explains her tattoo as well


 
 
 
 

 

The Blurb

 
In the final installment to the trilogy begun with Awaken, Maddie returns home to make her final stand against Digital School, and uncovers deeply guarded secrets about her family an new truths about herself.
 
Maddie's Tattoo: "I never knew that taking one class would change my life. The most insignificant decisions can have the most significant impacts. That is the scary thing about choice. Choice is a methodical genius hidden behind the face of a child. We think it's all fun and innocent until we realize the force of our decisions. Choice is our life compass. It guides our every direction."
A prequel to AWAKEN, this provocative short story explains the history behind Maddie's tattoo, and sets up events in the final installment of the trilogy.
 
 
Your links to the Series:
 
Maddie's Tattoo (Prequel) on Amazon and Goodreads
Awaken on Amazon and Goodreads
Middle Ground on Amazon and Goodreads
Still Point on Amazon and Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment