Wednesday 8 April 2015

4.5 Star Review for Middle Ground by Katie Kacvinsky...

The Sequel to Awaken is another delightful instalment to the trilogy... Katie Kacvinsky's writing just gets better throughout the series, it's action packed and angst filled and a thrill to read... I couldn't get through it fast enough...

Maddie goes through one hell of a magic carpet ride when she gets sent to the Detention Centre (or D.C. as they refer to it) no thanks to her brother Joe... the storyline here is an original one for me and, although it's pretty out there on the believable stakes, it's highly entertaining...

We got to know a few of the character's a bit better... I warmed up to Molly, Scott and Pat (although Pat did get a bit intense), I liked the new character Gabe we meet in the DC, and I really did feel for Justin... you can tell how much Maddie means to him... he's really grown on me in this book but I still wouldn't say he was in my top ten book boyfriends...
And Maddie... well, she infuriated me no end... I suppose this is what makes it so entertaining but there were a few times where I just thought 'really?... why would you do that you idiot!?'

I would say I can't wait to read the final book but, I have heard from various sources that it's not the predictable ending we expect... I don't want to say too much as I don't have all of the facts, but I've heard it described as Allegiance without the death... so, here I go... about to start reading Still Point... look out for my review hopefully by the end of the week...




The Blurb


In this provocative cautionary tale for teens, the sequel to Awaken, seventeen-year-old Maddie's rebellion against the digital - only life grows dangerous. Maddie is in Los Angeles, trying to stay out of trouble. But one night, a seemingly small act of defiance lands her in the place she fears the most: a detention centre. Here, patients are reprogrammed to accept a digital existence. Maddie is now fighting for her mind, her soul, and her very life. Once again, Katie Kacvinsky paints a disturbing picture of our increasingly technology-based society.


The Awaken Trilogy by Katie Kacvinsky 

#1 Awaken via Amazon and Goodreads
#2 Middle Ground via Amazon and Goodreads
#3 Still Point via Amazon and Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment